Featured Vacation RentalSunrise Cove
Terms and Conditions
AGENCY DISCLOSURE - Lakeside Rentals is acting as a representative of the property owners of the vacation properties in our rental program. Rentals are subject to the provisions of this agreement. Lakeside Rentals may receive compensation for services or goods that may be provided.
1. Reservations - The rental agreement is a legally binding agreement between Guests, Agency & Owner. your reservation binds you to a specific period of time. Your rental agreement will need to be returned to our office no later than five (5) days from the date you made your reservation with a deposit. You can return your signed rental agreement by regular mail, e-mail, or fax.
2. Deposit - A minimum deposit of $500.00 must be paid at the time of the reservation to guarantee your rental unless prior arrangements have been made. If paying deposit by check, the check must be received within (5) five business days or the reservation will be automatically cancelled. The rental balance has to be received no later than 30 days prior to your check-in date on the rental agreement. All reservations that are made within 30 days of arrival date will require total payment at the time the reservation is made.
3. Payment Terms - Check or money order made out to Gaston Lake Ltd. There is a $25 charge for all returned checks, plus the cost of collection. We also accept VISA and MasterCard.
4. Credit Card - Guest is to provide a credit card number as a guarantee. Guest agrees to pay all rent and associated fees, accept all terms of this agreement, and accept all liability for any damage not covered by Security Deposit or ARDI Insurance policy and/or beyond normal wear and tear during the term of the lease with Agent. if Guest fails to do so, Guest understands that these costs will be charged to Guest's credit card. All credit card sales are final. Agent is not required to notify Guest when charging credit card for damages or other charges as applicable under the terms of this agreement.
5. Family Groups Only - We will rent to family groups only. Fraternity, Sorority, student or single groups need not apply, per the Owners request. Guest must be 25 years or older in order to place a reservation. Agent has the right to request proof of age.
6. Maximum Occupancy - State health rules limit occupany to two people per bedroom. The number of bedrooms advertised is to represent flexibility in sleeping and does not represent occupancy. Agent shall conduct all brokerage activities in regard to this, or any agreement, without respect to the race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or familial status of the Guest. The maximum is stated for each vacation home. These limits are required by law and are for the safety and protection of occupants and owners. If you are found exceeding the maximum capacity of your home, it will be considered a breach of contract and will result in immediate eviction with no refunds or rebates.
7. Rates & Listing Information - Information on listings is as accurate as possible, but cannot be guaranteed. Furnishings, rates, fees, and taxes on listings are subject to change without notice. Please call or email to confirm any specific information you require prior to booking. Agents cannot absolutely guarantee a specific property. Due to ownership changes, properties being removed from the program, agents reserve the right to change property unit assignment to a comparable property without liability within a reasonable time frame should rental property become unavailable. A comparable property will have similar or better value, accommodations, function, unit amenities, or size as determined by the Company. No refunds will be offered when comparable properties are available. Should Guest decline the comparable property, Guest may reschedule or change their reservation to another available date and property at the published rates under the parameters of the rescheduling policy, but no refunds will be offered. If comparable properties are not available, Guests will have the option of selecting from any other available properties for their reservation dates and pay or receive a refund of the difference in the total cost or may choose to receive a full refund minus the reservation processing fee (or $50.00) under the parameters of the agreement.
8. Disbursement - Of Rent And Third Party Fees are in a trust account at the BB&T in Littleton NC. Guest authorizes Agent to disburse up to fifty (50%) of the rent prior to Guest's occupancy of the premises, and the balance of the rent upon commencement of the tenancy, a material breach of the Agreement by Guest, or as otherwise permitted under the Vacation Rental Act. Guest also authorizes Agent to disburse prior to Guest's occupancy of the premises any fees owed to third parties to pay for any goods, services, or benefits procured by Agent for the benefit of the Guest, including but not limited to any fees set forth herein payable to Agent for reservation, transfer, or cancellation of Guest's tenancy.
9. Reservation Cancellation - If cancellations, rescheduling, or changes are made to original check-in date more than 30 days prior to arrival date, there is a $195.00 change/cancellation fee. NO REFUNDS OR REBATES will be considered unless Agent is able to re-rent property at equal or greater value for the dates of your stay. There are NO REFUNDS if the reservation is cancelled less than 30 days prior to the arrival date. Cancellation requests must be made in writing or by using the web site. Mailing address is: 2111 Eaton Ferry Road, Littleton, NC 27850 or e-mail at [email protected] Reservation fee is non-refundable.
**If you purchased the Vacation Rental Insurance, you may qualify for reimbursement from the rental insurance company depending on the circumstances surrounding your cancellation**.
10.Substitutions - In the rare event that the unit you choose is no longer available for the season, we will make every effort to find a comparable substitution and contact you as soon as possible with the details of your relocation property.
11. Check In - Check in is between 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM at the Lakeside Rentals office located at 2111 Eaton Ferry Road, Littleton NC 27850 unless other arrangements are made. Please inspect your home/condo upon arrival to ensure that all is well. Call the emergency number located on the front of your rental packet if any problems arise. If you will be checking in after business hours, please call ahead so we can make arrangements for you to get your check-in packet.
12. Check-Out - Check out time is 10:00 AM EST on your departure date. NO EXCEPTIONS! If requesting a late checkout, a $100 fee will be charged to your credit card. A late departure of premises beyond one hour will be charged an additional night`s stay. Timely check-out is strictly enforced so the Agent(s) have adequate time to prepare the property for the next guest. Please review the checkout procedures included in the information provided in your home. Vacuum Cleaners, Brooms, and Mops should be in the unit for your use. Please wash all dishes and put them away. If the guests have not followed the check-out procedures and have left the rental property in a less than clean and good order Gaston Lake Ltd may charge an additional cleaning fee of a minimum of $150. Return heat/AC to original setting (Summer 75 degrees/ Winter 50 degrees). Lock all windows and doors, carry trash to outside containers. Return all keys to 2111 Eaton Ferry Road, Littleton NC 27850 upon departure. We will inspect each unit after your departure.
13.Lost Or Damaged Keys - A $25 replacement charge per key will be billed to credit card on file, due to any lost key.
14. Vacation Rental Insurance - This Vacation Rental Damage plan covers unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. The policy will pay a maximum benefit of $1,500. You will still be responsible for any damages that exceed $1,500 or are not covered under the Plan and associated damages will be charged to the credit card on file. If you damage the real or personal property assigned to your rental accommodation during the trip, the Insurer will reimburse the lesser of the cost of repairs or the Actual Cash Value of the property, up to $1,500. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy (www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/g10vrd). The Vacation Rental Damage can be purchased up to, and including at, check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly Lakeside Rentals on the any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage. Please contact Lakeside Rentals directly if you do not wish to participate in this plan or assignment.
15. Linen Rentals: We are now offering Linen Services for our rentals. This service will include sheets and towels only. If you are interested in this service, please contact the rental department for details. If this service is purchased, it does not include the service of changing them out during your stay. Linens and towels are to be picked up at the office at check in and returned to the office at check out. If linens and towels are not returned to office at check out a $25 trip charge will be charged to your credit card on file. If any towels are misplaced or stolen there will be a $50 fee charged to your credit card on file. Any towels needed for outdoor activities need to be supplied by Guest.
16. Pets: Unless otherwise noted, pets will not be allowed. Guests who disregard this restriction may be liable for early rental termination. Guest will be charged a cleanup fee of $300.00, plus damages. This fee is not included in your security deposit or accidental damage insurance.
17. Lock Out: During business hours, in the event that you are locked out of the unit, a charge of $50.00 is due immediately upon receipt of a new key. A lock-out after business hours may result in a locksmith being called and Guest's credit card being charged accordingly.
18.Guest Duties: Guest agrees to comply with all obligations imposed by the Vacation Rental Act with respect to maintenance of the Premises, including but not limited to keeping the Premises as clean and safe as the conditions of the Premises permit, causing no unsafe or unsanitary conditions in the common areas and remainder of the Premises that Guest uses. Dispose of all ashes, rubbish, garbage, and comply with all obligations imposed upon the guest by current applicable building and housing codes, and other waste ina clean and safe manner. Keep all plumbing fixtures in the property or used by the guest as clean as their condition permits. Be responsible for all damage, defacement, or removal of any property inside the property that is in his or her exclusive control unless the damage, defacement, or removal was due to ordinary wear. Notify the Agent in writing of the need to replace or repair a smoke detector and to replace batteries as needed during tenancy. Guest agrees not to use the Premises for any activity or purpose that violates any criminal law or governmental regulation. Guest agrees to abide by all local water safety regulations. Guest's breach of any duty contained in this paragraph shall be considered material, and shall result in the termination of Guest's tenancy. Unruly behavior, loud parties, or damage to the property will result in rental termination by breach of contract and the guest(s) will vacate the premises immediately without a refund.
19.NO SMOKING/NO EXCEPTIONS: Smoking is NOT permitted in any of our rental properties. This includes all decks, porches, boat houses, and steps. Guests who disregard this restriction may be liable for early rental termination and a clean up fee of $350.00.
20.INDEMINIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS; RIGHT OF ENTRY;ASSIGNMENT. Guest agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Agent and the owner from and against any liability for personal injury or property damage sustained by any person (including Guest(s) unless caused by the negligent or willful act of Agent or the owner, or the failure of the Agent or the owner to comply with the Vacation Rental Act.) Guest agrees that Agent, the owner, or their respective representatives may enter the Premises during reasonable hours to inspect the Premises to make such repairs, alterations, or improvements thereto as Agent or owner may deem appropriate, or to show the Premises to prospective purchasers or guests. Guest shall not assign this agreement or sublet the Premises in whole or part without permission of Agent.
21.LOST AND FOUND: Following your departure, if items have been left behind, please contact us immediately. If Guest requests items to be returned to them, agents are authorized to charge a $25 handling fee plus applicable shipping charges for any item left behind by Guest.
22.TELEPHONE CALLS: Telephones are in most units. Some home telephones restrict and do not permit long distance or any special call features. If Guest incurs any unauthorized phone charges, charges will be billed to guest's credit card on file, plus a $15 service charge. There is no charge for local calls. We will provide the telephone number for your unit when you check in. For long distance calls, you will need to use a calling card or cell phone.
23.PROPANE GRILLS: We make our best efforts to ensure that propane tanks are refilled as needed; however, we cannot guarantee propane tanks have sufficient propane upon your arrival. Any propane used during your stay will be at the guest's expense. Properties providing propane grills are fueled by liquid propane. Under NO circumstances may one add charcoal or an derivative of charcoal to the propane grills. If it is discovered that one has added charcoal to a grill, the Agent is authorized to charge no less that $100 to guest's credit card for grill cleaning.
24.URGENT/EMERGENCY SERVICE CALLS: In case any equipment malfunctions, Guest's shall notify Agents immediately to arrange for repairs and initiate an urgent service call. Every effort will be made to correct any urgent situation in as little time as possible. Agent cannot guarantee against malfunctions of heating, air conditioning, electricity, water, any appliances, hot tubs, jacuzzi tubs, cable, satellite, television, telephones, electronics, gas logs, grills, etc. No refunds or compensation will be given for failure of the above. Any service call requested by Guests that is a result of action, abuse, misuses, or negligence may result in a $50 service charge plus $50/hr of onsite labor. This will be billed to Guest's credit card. No refunds or rebates will be offered in conjunction with false or mistaken service calls.
25.NON-ESSENTIAL SERVICE CALLS: Every effort will be made to provide concise procedures at the home for operating equipment such as satellite TV's, DVD players, and fireplaces, as well as clear accurate directions to the home itself. Any non-essential service call requested by Guests to operate equipment will result in a $35 service charge plus $35/hr of onsite labor. This will be billed to Guest's credit card.
26.CABLE/SATELLITE TV: Rental properties are individually owned and Agents cannot guarantee TV channel availability. Rental properties do not necessarily offer premium packages, i.e., Movie Channels, Sports Channels, Pay per View, etc. Guest's cannot under any circumstances activate premium channels. If charges are incurred during your stay, it will be billed to Guest's credit card.
27.GAS LOG FIREPLACES: Some homes contain gas log fireplaces and should only be used seasonally from October 01 through May 15. No other items may be burned in gas log fireplace, including but not limited to: sticks, wood, charcoal, lava rocks, paper, trash, etc., If any other item is burned in gas log fireplace, a $100 clean-out fee will be billed directly to Guests credit card on file. Guests further agree that no fire will be left unattended.
28.NO OUTSIDE EVENTS: This includes weddings, parties, reunions, and an large gatherings, etc.
29.NO FIREWORKS: Fireworks of any kind are forbidden on rental properties. Fireworks are illegal in North Carolina and Virginia. Any evidence of fireworks on property such as debris or burned areas your being charged for restoration of damaged yard.
30.FIRE-PITS: Some properties provide a rock fire pit our outdoor wood burning fireplace. If a property does not offer a fire pit, guests will not make one as doing so is considered a safety hazard and considered damage the the Premises. Fire pits, if provided, may be used throughout the year. Guests further agree that no fire will be left unattended. When Guests are done with the fire pit, all flames and embers should be put out with water and smothered to avoid accidental fires. All trash must be collected and properly disposed from around the fire pit.
31. HOT TUB: – No children under the age of 12 permitted in hot tubs at any time. When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use of the Hot Tub is at the guests own risk. Our service provider sanitizes and replenishes chemicals in all tubs prior to your arrival; therefore, it may not be warm until later that evening. DO NOT STAND ON THE HOT TUB COVERS. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. They will break, and you may be charged for replacement. Remember when not using the hot tub, leave cover on so hot tub will stay warm.
32. WATER AND SEPTIC: –The mineral content in the water around the lake is high. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to two hundred dollars ($200).
33.FURNISHINGS/FURNITURE: All homes are privately owned property furnished and equipped by its OWNER. As such, Agent(s) cannot make any changes to the furnishings or equipment provided by the owner. If Guests require special appliances or equipment, please bring them with you. Furnishings are subject to change without notice. Rearranging or moving of furniture is prohibited and will result in a fee of no less than $100 due to extra housekeeping services. Loss of these items, as well as damage to the property or furnishings in excess of normal wear will be charge to the Guest.
34.LOCKED OWNERS CLOSET: Certain areas in each rental property are locked for the owners personal storage and are not included in the rental agreement. They are not to be tampered with or opened. By signing this Rental Agreement, the Guest authorizes the Agent to charge the credit card provided verbally to the rental agent for the agreed upon amounts.
I, ______________________ have read, understand and agree to all of the terms and conditions stated in the agreement listed above.
GUEST'S SIGNATURE:_________________________________ DATE: _________________________